The District of Coldstream is responsible for the care and control of local parks, trails, and facilities.
The District looks after the maintenance of local parks including planting and maintenance of flower beds, mowing and weeding of parks and sports fields, repair of damaged playground equipment, and maintenance of parks irrigation systems.
Parks are open daily from 7:00 a.m. to dusk unless otherwise posted.
In addition to its local municipal parks, there are many other parks, trails, and open spaces spread throughout the two municipalities and two electoral areas that make up Greater Vernon.
Beginning May long weekend until Labour Day, there is fee to park at the Kalavista Boat Launch parking lot.
Parking of vehicles with boat trailers, or vehicles with car-top boats, will cost $5 per day (purchased on site) OR $50 for the season.
The District of Coldstream provides areas where dogs may be exercised, either on or off leash. Dogs must be under control of the owners at all times, and owners must clean up after their dogs immediately. Signs, bag dispenser, and receptacles are located at each of the following dog parks:
- Coldstream Valley Estates, intersection of Uplands Drive and Ridgemont Place
- Grey Canal Trail, off Cypress Drive
- Lavington Park, 6401 Lavington Way
- Stenquist Park, 9255 Heritage lane off Paisley Drive
- Vi-Morphet Dog Park, 8309 Buchanan Road
- McKergow Meadows Park, surrounding Mud Lake on Middleton Mountain
- Middleton Mountain Park, bounded by Mt. Thor Drive, Mt. York Drive, Mt. Tod Drive, and Mt. Ida Drive on Middleton Mountain
- Lochhaven Park, 30 Lochhaven Court, and 11515 Wyatt Court
Greater Vernon has additional dog parks and a dog park map.
Visit the Greater Vernon Recreation Services website to view recreation programs for all age groups, from preschool and youth to adults. Programs range from gym classes to swimming, climbing and kayaking, gardening, fencing, karate, outdoor adventure camps, dancing, skateboarding, sailing, dog training, and numerous other activities.