Coldstream does not permit short-term rental (STR) accommodations, such as AirBNB, in the District, with the exception of Bed and Breakfast rentals, which are permitted on properties zoned RBB (Residential Bed and Breakfast).
Bed and Breakfast operations must:
- operate solely within the principal building and primary residence on the property (not in a secondary building or otherwise)
- be operated by the registered owner of the property
- have a valid Business Licence issued by the District of Coldstream
- adhere to the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) Use Regulation and Assessment Act, where applicable
- adhere to Schedules 'C' and 'D' of the District's Zoning Bylaw;
For more information, please contact the Development Services Department.