The Roads and Drainage Division is responsible for the safety and maintenance of District streets. Their primary services include:
- Clearing snow from streets, paths, and around critical infrastructure such as the fire halls and sanitary sewer lift stations. Streets are cleared in order of priority as set by Council.
- Sweeping the streets in the spring, following the application of salted sands during the winter, and as needed before winter to remove dirt and leaf litter from the street gutters.
- Inspecting catch basins and drywells and clearing as needed.
- Inspecting culverts and clearing and/or repairing as needed.
- Mowing ditches and re-establishing drainage as needed.
- Sealing cracks and repairing potholes.
- Inspecting bridges and repairing as needed.
- Posting roadway signage such as no parking/parking zones.
- Installing traffic calming devices and signs.
- Inspecting and replacing line painting as needed.
The Roads and Drainage Division also provides heavy equipment support to the Utilities and Parks Divisions.