Please use the form below to apply to place your signage in the District of Coldstream. The types of allowable signage and parameters are outlined below.
Signage Requiring Council Approval
Permits requiring Council approval may take up to 20 business days to process. Applicants may request Council approval to:
- place seasonal or holiday signs on or above public land, or on roadways (excluding Highway 6 and Highway 97);
- place one portable/temporary sign (i.e., sidewalk and curb signs, banners, pennants, and streamers) intended to advertise a special event such as the opening of a business, sale, fundraising drive, etc. These signs must be removed within 30 days of the issue of the permit.
For more information, please see the District Zoning Bylaw and refer to Schedule "E".
Signage on District Fences
Applicants may apply to place a portable/temporary banner or sign on the sewer lift station fence located at the intersection of Kalamalka Road and College Way or the generator fence located at the bottom of College Way. These applications may take up to 10 business days to process. If approved:
- Signage must be removed within 30 days of the issue of the permit.
- Signage must be advertising a special event, such as a community activity or fundraising drive.
- Signage must not be larger than 4 square metres (43.06 square feet) in size.
- There is a maximum of three signs are permitted on each fence.
For more information, please see the District Delegation of Authority Bylaw.
For questions or more information, please contact Development Services.