The Coldstream Community Hall was completed in 2023 and features an event venue and meeting room for public rentals. The facility also houses a childcare facility, which is operated by Maven Lane. The Hall side of the building is 8350sqft and the day care is 5800sqft - for a total of 14,150sqft.
Community Hall & Meeting Room Rentals
To request a rental of the Coldstream Community Hall, please complete the Rental Request Form
For payment options, please see Make a Payment
Please see below for more information or contact the Community Hall for general inquires.
- 4,700 sq foot state-of-the-art facility
- Occupancy Maximums:
Banquets and Large Meetings 210 Small Meeting 55 Theater Style Events 300
- Private terrace backing onto green space
- Welcoming indoor/outdoor space with articulating doors
- Retractable stage
- Dividing wall to create smaller, more intimate spaces
- Wheelchair accessible facility and washrooms
- Wifi and house audio visual systems
- A photographers dream with close access to beautiful parks, beaches, playgrounds, and dirt roads
Booking requests are being accepted first come first serve basis - on an ongoing basis. Requests will be reviewed and approved within one (1) week of submission.
Can be booked 24 months in advance.
Can be booked 23 months in advance.
Staff will create a Rental Agreement upon the approval of your event date and location.
A booking is not confirmed until the Rental Agreement has been signed by both the Applicant, the District of Coldstream, and all the appropriate paperwork has been submitted.
Cancellation of Rentals by the User
Cancellation requests must be made in writing. If the User provides notification of cancellation on a non-business day or after 4:30 pm on a business day, notice shall be deemed to be given on the next business day. Deposit refunds for cancellations are based on the time before an event, as follows:
90 Calendar days prior 100% refund 31 - 89 days prior 50% refund 30 calendar days or less Not refundable
Cancellation of Rentals by the District
The District may, at its discretion, cancel a rental due to the facility being required for District business, emergency, safety or maintenance concerns. Cancellations by the District will effectively cancel the Rental Agreement and the District will fully refund any deposits or paid fees or reschedule for another suitable time. The District will endeavor to provide 7 days' notice - except where an emergency, safety or maintenance concern dictates otherwise.
Cancellation by District for Agreement Holders’ Breach
Without limiting other remedies available to the District, the District may cancel the Rental Agreement, prevent the User from holding the event, or remove the User from the facility during the event. The District may keep the damage deposit if the User breaches any term or condition of the Rental Agreement.
The District retains the right to reschedule any or all unused facilities arising from a cancellation.
- Payment of rental fees are required at the time the Rental Agreement is confirmed and signed. Facility Use Fees Bylaw - Schedule A.
- Coldstream community organizations with ongoing seasonal rentals must pay a rental deposit of the first months rent at the time the Rental Agreement is signed. Subsequent fees must be paid monthly – one month in advance.
- Deposits (e.g.: damage, booking, key, etc.) and third-party fees (e.g.: SOCAN/Resound) paid by cash, debit or credit card must be received one (1) business day prior to the rental. Damage deposits and third-party fees paid by cheque are required 10 days prior to the rental.
- The District of Coldstream must be included as an “Additional Insured” on any event organizer or event host Commercial General Liability policy.
- Such policy must be written on a comprehensive basis with inclusive limits of not less than $2 million per occurrence and up to $5 million aggregate at the discretion of the Director of Financial Administration
- Vendors: Proof of insurance will be required for any vendors that are participating in your event. Vendor insurance provides coverage for claims and lawsuits that may result from a vendor’s operations or participation at your event. Proof of this type of insurance protects your operations as the event host as well as the vendor, in the event of a claim.
Renters may choose to find their own insurance that meets the requirements noted under Event Insurance or they may consider utilizing Event Policy.
EventPolicy is provided as a convenience and is Canada’s first web service offering automated, online special event liability insurance. Available 24/7 on all mobile devices.
*If you have vendors at your event, please select this prompt through the EventPolicy application portal to generate the correct insurance coverage.
The licenses allow you to perform or play the music (recordings and works) in public as part of your event in accordance with the Copyright Act. Your rates will depend upon whether you are playing live or recorded music and whether you will have dancing or no dancing.
Your booking agent at the Community Hall can assist you in choosing the appropriate licenses.
Catering & Food
Food Service Caterer's Requirements:
- A District of Coldstream or Intercommunity Business License
- An Interior Health Authority Catering Food Service Permit
- A Temporary Food Permit (for food service off site only), which may be acquired through Interior Health.
- A food safe certification (individual must be onsite for the duration of food preparation)
- A food safety and disposal plan
- A sanitation plan
Caterers are not permitted to dump grease, grey water or ice onto the turf areas, bricks, toilets, sinks or into garbage containers.
Alcohol Service Requirements:
- Approval from the District of Coldstream
- A Special Event Permit from the BC Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch (LCRB)
- A Security Plan: The LCRB will review Special Event Permit applications to determine if a security plan is also required. If you are required to have a security plan, you must comply with it.
Authorization granted by the District does not relieve the Applicant from any legal obligations and/or requirements. A copy of the Applicant's approved liquor permit must be presented and attached to the Rental Agreement, including evidence of the Applicant’s comprehensive liability insurance.
The Applicant must comply with all regulations outlined in the British Columbia Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch - Special Event Permit Manual.
You must display your Special Event Permit at your event along with your liquor purchase receipt.
Event organizers are required to obtain a Business License from the District if there are any items for sale at their event, including from vendors. This includes the sale of food, beverage, or merchandise.
Tips and Tricks for ALL the people helping you and/or providing services for you (e.g., caterer, wedding planner etc.).
For your booking, consider:
- Making sure that you allow enough time in your rental to setup and take down (including vendors and DJ’s).
- Storage is not available before or after your event outside of your contracted rental time (incl. beverages, floral arrangements, equipment, vendors, etc.).
- Decorate to make EXIT simple and set up with take down in mind (ripping down decorations may cause damage).
- Organize take down duties: Label bins and boxes & assign one group to remove décor followed by a group to clean and store tables/chairs to optimize your time.
The Childcare Centre features:
- 24 infant/toddler spaces
- 25 spaces for children aged three to kindergarten
- 10 pre-school spaces
- 25 spaces for school-aged children.
The District of Coldstream has partnered with Maven Lane who operates the Childcare Centre on the District’s behalf.